Saturday, August 13, 2016

Week 5, almost done!

Got my flight plans yesterday, leaving the MTC on the 22 at 8:50am
So excited to start my mission for real in Argentina. Grinding out that spanish so I can be as best as i can when i enter the country.
As always i will say everything that went on this week and seperate it into catagorys

Funny
-My roomate Elder Harwood had a dream of him getting nearly hanged by his bed, turns out it acctually happend, he litterally crawled through the top bunk divider and was hanging out side the bed by his head.

-When i got my flight plans, i purchased some more shampoo, the bottle broke and poured all over my shirt and pants.

-Some guy tried to beat the OJ record of 10 glasses in 30 mins, he didnt make it

-Everyone in my district played vollyball today, i kept sending the ball to orbit.


-Spiritual

Neil L Anderson Came on tuesday- Second apostle to come to the MTC in my stay!
Talked about how the flame of faith is lit depending on how much effort you put into it to keep it alive
-Commited 2 investagators to baptism

I have had experences with investagators that words that i have studied and forgot about came to my mind when i needed it most, and i constantly recieve promptings what to say and how to modify the lessons i teach to help the needs of the listener.
MTC is not hard, but it is work. if you go in knowing you are going to struggle its not that bad.

My comp had issues with his visa, his  fingerprints didnt go through so we got to leave the mtc to the police station, we felt like total champs leaving outside with a elder tag on

We taught our progressing investagator named Sergio yesterday.
He is allready commited to baptism so we are running though everything needed to be done before his date catches up to us
We were talking about the commandments and how you have the ablitity to feel gods love anywhere in any situation and have the opportunity to pray anywhere too.
We were talking about honoring thy mother and father when all of a sudden he says, "ive been stuggling on working with the Word of wisdom, Coffee is too hard to give up and i dont know if i can do it." I told him in the most broken spanish possible; "Have you asked god for help? Have you prayed with faith and real intent for aid in getting you through obeying the word of wisdom, he loves you and wants you to be the best possible, he will help you through your trials.
We asked him to pray right then and there for help. He cried.

We have essentially started impractical mtc jokesters,

We do challenges every night
-Some guy had his entire chest waxed using wax paper and an Iron

-My District (and I) Did the Icy hot challenge ---- Icy hot in places icy hot should never be applied, THAT HURT. WE didnt sleep. 
I love how litterally everything can be fun if your district is fun.
also teaching is really fun especially when you speak entirely in Spanish. 

Things I don't love about the MTC. Some days the food is just so fake...
Also alot of people are tools and say that they are better than everyone else because they are learning a language they will never ever have the opportunity of using ever again in their lives

I'm not homesick. Inever really have emotional things of sadness or happiness,
My district thinks I'm a robot.But its going by fast so that's good. 

Mom and Dad, you have supported me though all my good and bad desisions and loved me for the disisions ive made, you have molded me into what i can become...
I will send a massive email to you guys on what you guys have done for me this comming saturday.

I love and miss you. Talk to you next week. 

Love,
Elder Jon Batman









No comments:

Post a Comment